Jay and Me

Jay and Me

Friday, February 18, 2011

A twist on the bridesmaid bouquet and boutonnieres

I am not going to deny the power, beauty and necessity of flowers at a wedding. They are gorgeous on the tables and a bride should have a bouquet that both demonstrates the feel of the event and her personality. To each her own.

But when it comes to bridesmaids, I knew they would be holding their bouquets for a very short time and then would be ditching them as soon as they hit cocktail hour, and especially the dance floor! It seemed like such a waste.

So I came up with a better idea. Instead of having them hold floral bouquets, they would carry these silk, handmade clutches with rosettes (in the exact peach I wanted, and rosettes matching the feel of the Amsale chiffon dresses we picked out) that I purchased from Yensew on Etsy.com. They would double as a gift for them, would be functional on the wedding day, and to top it off, they each have personalized messages stitched on the inside (No picture of this, I've got to leave SOMETHING to the imagination for my girls). Yensew was so easy to work with and she did a fabulous job!

I also bought the clutches in a different style and in plum for the mothers, and a black one for myself!

The peach is tricky to match, and we decided to ditch boutonnieres (they always get messed up when you're hugging and dancing) in lieu of pocket squares. So Yensew made pocket squares for the groomsmen from the same fabric as the clutches!

I'm so excited for my bridesmaids to see this new twist on their accessories!

2 comments: