Jay and Me

Jay and Me

Monday, February 14, 2011

Bridesmaid Beauties: Dresses are In!

Let's be real. Most brides expect to encounter drama with their bridesmaids when it comes to their dresses.  Whether it's the expense, the style, the fabric, there's always something. Not with me! I either have the best bridesmaids known to man, or I did something really right.

I really wanted my six girls to love the dress that they would wear. I also wanted it to portray the whimsical and springy theme of the wedding by outfitting them in a dress they'd want to twirl across the plantation in. So about six months ago, my MOH and another bridesmaid tried on the Amsale chiffon collection at Bella Bridesmaid in Baltimore and they. were. fabulous. At knee-length and in various styles that featured feminine details like rosettes and ruffles (Amsale carries dozens of styles in the same fabric, which is perfect for someone like me), I could give my girls the freedom to pick the one that was most flattering on them. My only stipulation: it has to be grass green (my wedding colors are grass and peach). The blush pink Amsale is pretty, but I was afraid it would wash out some of my girls.

The girls went to their closest Bella Bridesmaid stores and, lo and behold,  I actually received messages afterward that they LOVED the dresses they picked! The dresses were a little pricier than I would have liked at about $225 (after the trunk show discount), but no one seemed to mind since they got their say on the pick.

I picked the bridesmaid dresses before I even picked my own, and they just came in! It was the first time I had seen all of the styles together in the grass color. They are gorgeous! We'll be distributing them at the bridal shower on March 5.

These are some of the Amsale chiffon, and I stole a picture from www.vtvows.com of a bride whose bridesmaids wore the same Amsale chiffon dress, but it grass. I am actually going to wear my MOH's bridesmaid dress to another wedding I'll be attending over the summer because I love them so much!


gowngown

2 comments: