Jay and Me

Jay and Me

Friday, March 11, 2011

Here Comes the Rings...

You've probably noticed my obsession with handmade items and using things for a wedding that mean something.  Originally, I had planned to purchase a ring bearer pillow from Etsy, but when Jay's grandmother offered to sew one for us with her own two hands, we were ecstatic! The ring bearer pillow is not as crucial as some other elements of the ceremony, but since it will be holding items that represent our lifelong commitment, I'll chalk that one up to symbolic!

Mimi is such a sweetheart! Check out this adorable, shabby chic ring bearer pillow she made for us out of burlap with little peach roses and ribbon to match our colors. My eight year-old cousin will carry this down the aisle with his little brother, who will be holding this Here Comes the Bride sign (he's 2.5 -- cutie!)

Is anyone else having a family member make an accessory for them for the wedding?

I'm trying to think of another use for this pillow after the wedding. Please share your ideas!


2 comments:

  1. I love both! I actually made my own ring bearer pillow and I can't wait to use it! Maybe you could keep yours on a shelf somewhere in your house as a keep sake! I also love the here comes the bride sign, I plan on making one of those too! Would love for you to stop on over at my blog and offer some advice as a previous bride!! I am also hosting my first giveaway..looking forward to following your blog now as a married woman!

    ReplyDelete